If I thought about the word 'pet' before I had my pet, I could have thought about cute puppies, soft, purring kittens. However, now, I think about my pet: snails.
I can remember the scene clearly: it was summer, Saturday. Sunlight shining on my shoulders, making it warmed up gradually. I lightly jogged to school. I saw my two friends waiting in front of the bench. Also, I saw- 3 pairs of snails.I saw mine. White, with a golden shell. I raised one of them up and plopped it on my hand. It gurgled softly, as it tried to bite me with those tiny teeth.
I got home, carefully choosing my path to the shadows. My mom was overly exited. We fed them tofu. I examined them as it ate. It's skin was shiny, as if it was covered with wax. The mouth was the cutest part of its features. It had such tiny movements as it chewed. I patted one of them. It turned in my direction and ate the lettuce I was holding. I was delighted.
Sooner, one of them got pregnant. It laid eggs. It looks so mushy, but its shell is really hard. Like glass. They hatched in about 2 weeks. I saw- baby snails. They were identical to their parents. However, I could not keep all of them. They were about fifty, so I gave them to my friends except for a couple. They are all sleeping now, in case it is winter. Well, they will be up by the time I get there. Snails live for 10 years. I'm going to live with them for about that period.
←They're eating tofu. It's not part of their mouth
←They're eating watermelon.
댓글 2개:
Eugene,
Awesome job! Overall, I liked your topic and how you presented it. Your story has originality. You were able to show understanding of essay organisation, flow and fluency. I liked how you effectively described how you found your pet. Keep up the good work!
Happy new year and see you in class!
댓글 쓰기