2012년 1월 11일 수요일

College Weekend (Fear Street, No. 32)
        
   College Weekend- Author; R.L Stine
                                                                                -reviewed by Julia Lee, Class 13
 Basic story line
   Tina, a girl from Shayside High has a boyfriend, and they lost contact after they went to college. But they promised each other to send letters and visit. Tina was dying to see her boyfriend, and an invitation finally arrives. Tina, delighted by the letter, arrives at college. However, there is only Chris to greet her, her boyfriend Josh's roommate. Chris insists that Josh went hiking. However, as time passes, Tina becomes suspicious of Chris. Tina's younger sister is gone. Chris seems to like taking photos of her, and if Josh went hiking, why did he leave his favorite bead that Tina made him? Why is his hiking shoes in the dorm? Later on, Tina realizes that Chris is a little creepy and maybe even obsessed. 

Are the Characters Believable?
 Yes, they are believable. Tina, Josh, and maybe Chris's personality might be believable. Fear Street is mostly about high school kids who go to Shayside High. Tina, like most high school graduate girls, misses her boy friend, and Josh, like any other boys, misses Tina. Those two are obviously normal. However, Chris is a different case. He is half-believable, half-not. Chris, has a girlfriend who died because of a car accident and unfortunately, Tina looks like her. When Josh showed him the picture,  Chris was lost. Trapped. In his own mind. He finally lost his mind and killed Josh. If the impact of his girlfriend's accident was enough to make him go to the mental hospital, it is possible he might have done all those horrible stuff.

My rating
 I think the rating of mine is a 9. The book seems to get the reader absorbed in the book, and its mysterious organization from twisting around the situation is good. It is a very good book. However, I think that the events are a little unrealistic. If you read this book, you might read it from start to end.

Reading the book
I think that the organization is awesome. The thrill when I read the book is unforgettable. I read this once at home, and I think that this is the most unforgettable episode in Fear Street. Also, the authors way of describing Tina's thought is very fluent. First, she suspects one. Now, she suspects Chris...
The story seems like it might never end, but it has a shocking ending. I recommend you to read this book. It will be remembered in your heart for a very, very long time.

댓글 1개:

Sung Hyun Park :

I remember reading R.L. Stine's most famous series, the Goosebumps Series when I was in elementary school. This sounds just like something Stine would write. Your plot summary leaves just enough mystery to have me want to read the book, but I think the second question blew this by telling too much. That was a bit of a disappointment.